How do I contact the helpline?
When is the helpline open?
The Helpline operates nationally from 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday excluding public holidays. A message service is available so if you call outside operating hours, we’ll call you back the next working day.
What is the National Dementia Helpline?
The National Dementia Helpline is a free confidential phone and email information and support service which provides:
- information about dementia and memory loss
- information on how you may be able to reduce the risk of getting dementia
- information about government support services (including My Aged Care, the Carer Gateway, Centrelink)
- information about services in your area
- emotional support to help you manage the impact of dementia
Who is the helpline for?
The Helpline is for anyone interested in dementia, concerned about their memory, anybody who has been diagnosed with dementia or who works with people with dementia, or anybody who simply wants to know more.
Is the helpline confidential?
Emergency contacts when the helpline is closed
If we are closed, in case of emergency please contact 000 or Lifeline 13 11 14. For help with dementia management, contact the Dementia Behaviour Management Advisory Service on 1800 699 799. These services are available 24/7.